- Oval Cuts are both classic and super-trendy, making them a great choice.
- The problem is that it’s hard to find a stone with some depth but not too much. If depth is too shallow, the diamond will look like a bow-tie. If it’s too deep, the stone will look dull. You need to find the right compromise my dear friend.
- My advice on that is you pick the appropriate L/W ratio. Don’t go any higher than 1.50, the perfect ratio for an oval cut being 1.30.
- As for color and clarity, you can get perfectly acceptable diamonds when you go as low as I and SI1, oval cut diamonds are good at hiding color and inclusions. Just take a careful look at where the inclusions are positioned.
- This last one is for your wallet; oval shape diamonds are usually cheaper than their round counterparts.
Lean more about oval cut diamonds.