Heart Shaped Diamond Facts
Rian here - Let's get right to the gist of what makes heart cut diamonds special and what you should look for when buying a heart shape diamond.
- Hearts are extremely hard to make. If you really want one, make sure you find a good diamond cutter.
- If you want to see the actual heart shape, your diamond needs to be big enough.
- Heart cut diamonds are very good at holding their color. I suggest you don’t go below a G color diamond if you don’t like warm tones.
- You might think heart cut diamonds hide inclusions well, like the other fancy cut diamonds. In this case they don't. In fact some inclusions could even be more visible. I suggest you don’t go below a VS2 clarity diamond.
- For grading reports, it’s probably safer to stick with a GIA report.