About Pear Cut Diamonds
- Pears are also called teardrop diamonds. And you can wear them two ways, with the point facing in or out.
- Just like Radiant cut diamonds, they’re diamond hybrids, a mixture between round cuts and marquise cuts.
- Pear cut diamonds are less popular than many other shapes, and because of that, they are significantly cheaper.
- Now the cons: Pear cut diamonds will always have a subtle bow tie shadow. So your goal will be trying to find the less pronounced ones. I would suggest sticking with the ranges from 58% to 64% for depth.
- When it comes to color, I suggest you stay with a G color diamond or above. For clarity, you can go as low as VS2 - SI1 clarity diamonds as long as you’re being careful about where the inclusions are positioned.
Learn more about pear cut diamonds.
Search and compare prices and deal scores from over 20 retailers with a click