About Asscher Cut Diamonds
- Asscher cut diamonds are the stars of the Roaring 20s.
- They have a “step cut”, just like their emerald cut cousins. But they look more octagonal than square. Also, they have more facets than emerald cuts, which makes them much more sparkly.
- Just like in emerald cuts, the lower you go on depth in asscher cut diamonds, the bigger your diamond will look.
- Now the cons: asscher cut diamonds usually look smaller than other diamond cuts with the same carat weight.
- Again, just like emerald cut diamonds, asscher cut diamonds are bad at hiding color and inclusions. My advice is you stick with at least a G color diamond. For clarity, don’t go below a VS2. Trust me, you don’t want that.
Learn more about asscher cut diamonds.