Rare Carat offers a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects on all fine jewelry.
We guarantee that all items sold will be free from any manufacturing defects at the time of delivery.
For any manufacturing defects, Rare Carat will repair or replace the item without charge.
The manufacturing warranty excludes coverage for wear and tear, loss of gemstones, product loss, theft or failure to obtain the repairs required to preserve the integrity of the jewelry.
Repair or service performed by a jeweler outside Rare Carat will void the warranty.
Some examples of common jewelry issues that would NOT be considered manufacturing defects include:
- The discoloration of precious metals caused by chemicals, make-up, immersion in pools and hot tubs, or bathing.
- Precious metals, and especially prongs, wear down over time and may require restoration work as part of normal wear.
- Prongs catching, wearing out, or bending over time due to everyday wear or normal damage, allowing a diamond to fall out.
- The loss of a diamond caused by damage from everyday wear or from other damage.
Orders placed between November 1, 2023, and December 9, 2023, qualify for extended holiday returns until January 10, 2024. Rare Carat must receive return orders by January 10, 2024 for processing.
All sellers on Rare Carat offer a generous 30 day return.
To qualify, please return your item within 30 days of shipment. We will provide you with a free insured return label via email. The return label needs to be scanned by FedEx before the end of the 30th day.
Items must be returned in their original condition, unworn, and accompanied with any original diamond certificates that were sent to you. A re-certification fee will apply if the certificate is not returned.
Please note: custom orders will be considered final sale. If you have any questions about our policy, do not hesitate to ask.
All of our sellers offer one free ring sizing up to 90 days after shipping. Contact one of our gemologists in chat or email email@example.com to get the resize process started. Be sure to have your order number and the new size you need handy for faster service.
If you find the exact same diamond (matching grading report numbers) elsewhere for less, let us know before buying - we will try to match the price. Chat in with a gemologist for confirmation.
All sellers on Rare Carat take their role seriously in ensuring an ethical supply chain. Where natural diamonds are sold, they adhere to the standards set forth by United Nations Resolutions and the Kimberly Process.
We’ve designed a zero risk process for you.
The manufacturers will handcraft your order, and we will oversee customer service and shipping. Buy from the best artisans - with complete peace of mind.
Rare Carat monitors the entire process - from crafting of your ring to delivery - maintaining the highest quality standards.
We’re here to help every step of the way, and back every order with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Any diamond purchased on Rare Carat can be exchanged at 100% credit for any new diamond of a different price depending on the diamond type. The diamond that is being upgraded must be in original condition and accompanied by the original diamond report.
- All natural GIA diamonds purchased from Rare Carat after February 6, 2022, can be exchanged for a new diamond which must be at least three times the price of your original diamond.
- All lab-grown diamonds purchased from Rare Carat after August 7, 2023, can be exchanged for a new lab-grown diamond which must be at least twice the price of your original diamond.
- Lab-grown diamonds purchased before August 7, 2023 are not eligible for the upgrade program.
- Natural diamonds purchased before February 7, 2022 are not eligible for the upgrade program.
- You will receive credit equal to 100% of the original price toward the purchase of a new diamond.
- You may upgrade one diamond for multiple diamonds, or vice versa, so long as the price of your new selection meets the stipulated price and diamond type requirement relative to your originally purchased diamond(s).
- Your diamond must be in its original condition with the original diamond grading report.
- Any damage to the original diamond will disqualify the diamond from our upgrade program.
- The original diamond grading report must be returned in reusable condition. Fees may apply for any damaged or missing reports.
- The credit value will be based solely on the value of the diamond.
- For rings: If your setting fits your new diamond and is in reusable condition, you may opt to set the new diamond in the original setting or receive it as a loose diamond. If your original setting cannot be reused, it will be returned to you at the same time as your new order.
- For earrings and pendants: We cannot reuse your original settings and are not able to offer credit for them. They will be returned to you at the same time as your new order.
- Any diamond not originally set by Rare Carat must be returned without the setting.
- Upgrade orders are not eligible for discounts, coupons, or price match requests.
- Only colorless diamonds are eligible for the upgrade program.
- Purchases facilitated through Rare Carat, but made through a separate retailer do not qualify for the upgrade program.
- Your original diamond must be returned to us and accepted by Rare Carat before your new selection is shipped.
- Diamonds purchased as part of our Diamond Upgrade Program may not be returned for credit but can be exchanged within 30 days.
- The Diamond Upgrade Program is available for purchases shipped to the US. Upgrades for other countries may be eligible on a case-by-case basis.